The Key to Shiny and Bright Hair
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #APassionForHair #CollectiveBias
Every now and then I get into a beauty rut, whether it be with my make-up or hair routine I've found quick fixes and products to kick the feeling of being stuck. When it comes to my hair I occasionally turn to at-home fixes to boost my natural shade. This season I'm turning to Schwarzkopf Keratin Color to save my wallet from taking a hit while also achieving that back from the salon shine! One thing I've found to be consistent with Schwarzkopf hair coloring products is that they are very true to the color seen on the box, so you won't need to worry about mixed results after dying.
As an added measure I always check the color scale listed on the back of the box to see where my current shade falls and how it will react to the color selected. I opted to purchase a shade close to my natural color, in Cappuccino 4.0, a rich medium brown. Another added benefit to Schwarzkopf Keratin Color is the promotion of fuller hair, an intensive color dye, and an application with up to 80% less breakage.
1. Clean Up: First things first, before beginning clear off a space on your bathroom counter, layout directions and put on gloves. To make sure no product stains the countertops I also like to lay down an old towel. I'd also recommend starting the application when standing in front of the mirror, this will help you guide yourself as you section off and apply the developer.
3. Section Hair: If you hair thicker hair, I'd recommend sectioning off your hair into two sections. I like to divide hair from the top of the ear and up, and the top of the ear and below. Tie lower portion off with a hair clip or tie. (You can skip this step if you are doing a regrowth application.)
2. Mix it Up: Using the end of the color cream pierce the foil and apply the entire contents into the developer lotion. Place the cap back on the developer, seal tight, and shake until the contents are well mixed and completely smooth.
3. Start Application: After mixing the developer and color immediately begin an application. For this tutorial, I will be showing a regrowth application to touch up roots. It's recommended to use 3/4 of the mixture on the outgrown area focusing in on where you part your hair. I typically part my hair down the center but, be sure the part your hair where you normally style your hair. Massage the areas where the mixture has been applied and leave on for 20 minutes. Once this is completed you can apply the remaining mixture to the ends of your hair for an additional 10 minutes (or up to 30, should you want a deeper color). Be sure NOT to apply color to ombre or balayage treated ends!
4. Rinse: Once your coloring process is complete rinse color out with warm water. Continue to rinse and massage hair until all of the color has run through hair (or water is clear). Afterward, apply Keratin Care Complex Conditioner into towel-dried hair and leave in for 5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
WHERE TO BUY
You can purchase the Schwarzkopf Keratin Color at Walmart in the beauty and hair aisle.