Modern Holiday Makeup Tutorial & Link-Up
With the holiday season right around the corner many of us beauty lovers are bombarded by shimmery eyeshadow palettes of jewel tone hues and metallic shine. I love a good sheer gold shadow, but hate the idea that every holiday function always has to be about glitter-infused glam. A few months ago I chatted with the team over at Make Up For Ever, to find a way to showcase a tutorial that would be perfect for the season ahead, and let me tell you, the product line-up and color payoff did NOT disappoint.
One of my favorite things about MUFE is their passion for creating beauty. The individuals working at their boutiques certainly have pride in what they do. In this collaboration I worked with the Santa Clara based MUFE boutique to bring a modern touch to the holidays ahead. The artist I worked with was able to curate a collection of products, including shadow, highlight, and lipstick to really bring my modern holiday vision to life (glitter aside).
- Apply a neutral eyeshadow primer all over the eyelid, wait until dry.
- Apply eyeshadow (M-530) with a medium shader brush to the entire lid, including under the brow.
- Apply eyeshadow (M-536) with medium blender brush in the crease of the eyelid. Define the crease by rounding out the shadow, making sure not to close the out outer corner of the eye.
- With a mini paddle brush (eyeliner) use eyeshadow shade (M-240) to line the upper and lower lash line. Since my eyes are on the smaller side I opted to only line the bottom to the middle of the eye.
- Using AQUA XL eye pencil in matte black create a small wing off the outer corner of the eye.
- Apply mascara to increase the intensity of this look.
- Groom brows with the clear wax, applying in the direction of the your brow shape and angle. Comb through to remove any excess product. Fill in sparse areas, with the MUFE brow pallete you can customize the darker/lighter shades to match your hair color.
- Apply luminizer (Pro Light Fusion) under the brow angle, and on brow bone. Using a fluffy brush apply luminizer to the tops of cheekbones.
Have your ever visited a MUFE boutique? I’ll be sharing makeup tutorials every other week using some of my favorite Make Up For Ever products and would love to hear if you have any occasions you’d like to see tutorials for!
Huge thank you to the MAKE UP FOR EVER team for partnering with me on this tutorial!