How to Make the Most Out of Your Creative Sessions with Nespresso
This post was written in partnership with Nespresso, all opinions hereafter are 100% my own.
Easily one of the most frequently asked questions we get on a daily basis is how we find inspiration or ideas for our photoshoots. It’s funny because, even now when inspiration is so readily available on social media and in print, we still sometimes find ourselves in a creative rut. The honest truth to our process relies heavily on the Nespresso fueled brainstorming sessions, thanks to their new Double Espresso blends. Sometimes the collaborations we pitch or plan are done months ahead of time. This gives us plenty of time to location scout, plan and prep outfits and run the idea by the brand to get the thumbs up.
The easiest way to nail down your own creative idea is to designate the needed time to actually hash out thoughts and details! Here are seven strategies to help push you to achieve your best work yet!
1. Run with it: Most of our best ideas are formed when we’re actually not even thinking of it! Have you ever been on a run, or woken up in the middle of the night and thought, “that’s such a great idea!” However, you pull inspiration, run with it, think of it as a starting point for something that could evolve to be much, much bigger.
2. Give it Time: As I mentioned above, we designate quite a bit of time and resources to actually developing our original idea, which sometimes means spending a lot of free weekends hashing out the details to bring our idea to life. This also means that our VertuoPlus machine gets plenty of use! The machine is easy to use, and did you know that it offers a range of coffee sizes? Everything from our go-to double espresso to coffee, making it a one-stop shop for your brainstorming needs.
3. Get Inspired but, Don’t Copy: It’s super easy to be tempted to embrace an idea that is based on another person’s hard work. While the concept itself is flattering to the other creatives, make sure you are putting your own spin on it! Unfortunately, we’ve dealt with this in the past and it’s never a fun process for either side. So, bottom line, get inspired, but don’t match it.
4. Pull Ideas from Your Life: Some of the best inspiration comes from ordinary life, much like the ideas for the shoot your seeing/reading today! While, shooting in your home may seem boring, many people find everyday life fascinating! Most of us have the natural curiosity to see how people live, what they enjoy and also eat or drink. Which brings me to my point of why we opt for Nespresso over other coffee brands. As if we weren’t already fans, Nespresso recently introduced two new permanent blends and cup size, Double Espresso Scuro and Double Espresso Chiaro, that have distinct, rich flavors!
5. Give Yourself a Goal: It’s easy to get distracted, especially if you have many ideas and not a ton of time to sort them out. Just as you would plan out a week in a planner make goals to meet through out your creative process. This could be broken down into a series of actions, here is a rough example of ours:
- Corral your ideas and find a common theme
- Jot it down and put it into a proposal to pitch or fund
- Find a partner (optional)
- Get it in writing and set a completion day
- Deliver and exceed!
6. Don’t be Afraid of a Reshoots: I’ll be honest, reshoots are a pain, especially when your initial vision didn’t come through the first time around. Always plan ahead and give yourself a buffer for the one-off chance you’ll need to schedule a reshoot. We’ve ended up doing this many times in the past and I’ve never once regretted putting in the extra time to make it match our vision.
7. Make your End Goal Sustainable!: In the end it’s important to believe in the work you do and be proud of the final outcome, especially if that means standing by what you create. Nespresso too is committed to the products they create and is an industry leader when is comes to sustainability. They are committed to reducing waste and when you recycle your capsules you continue its journey!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Nespresso.
SHOP THE POST
Birdie Shoots contains affiliate links.