Is there any better smell than freshly baked cookies? If you can answer yes to this than I suggest you check your senses! Amongst the delicious aromas wafting through the kitchen lately the smell of these cookies was beyond heavenly. Part fresh ginger, part sparkly sugar topping, these delicious morsels will keep both you and Santa happy this season!
- 2 1/2 C All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- dash Ground Cloves
- 3/4 C Sweet Cream Butter, Softened
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C mild-flavor Molasses
- 1 Egg
- Dusting Sugar ( Super Fine)
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and cloves; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and molasses. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg until combined. Gradually beat in flour mixture until combined. Cover and chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. 1 1/2 inch. portions of dough into balls; roll each ball in dusting sugar. Evenly space 12 balls on each cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges of cookies are set. Do not overbake. Cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.