One of my favorite things about fall is the change of pace that comes with the season. People end up spending more time with their friends and family and less behind the computer or at the office. I’ve always considered myself to be a spontaneous party planner, keeping things around the house, so at a moment’s notice I can put together a quick and delicious spread.
Aside, from the obvious bottle of champagne, I also always make sure to have a roll of frozen puff pastry in the freezer. Puff Pastry is such a versatile product with an endless amount of options for recipes.
During the fall season I love to make sopapillas, they are packed with sweetness and only require a few ingredients, most of which can be found in your pantry! If you’re opting for a day-time or early afternoon gathering, have a non-alcoholic beverage option on hand. I find that the sopapillas pair deliciously well with Starbucks® Mocha K-Cup® Packs. To jazz the mocha up, I’ve added a few additional ingredients to create a Mexican mocha with cinnamon whipped cream.
Mexican Mocha with Cinnamon Whip Cream
Prep Time: 5 minutes
- 1 Starbucks® Mocha K-Cup® Pack
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1/2 C confectioners sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Brew 1 8 oz. cup of Starbucks® Mocha K-Cup® Pack in a Keurig.
- Once brewed add ¼ tsp. of cayenne pepper to mocha, stir.
Whipped Cream Instructions:
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix on high until stiff peaks are formed in the mixture
- Spoon a dollop of the whipped cream to the Brewed Starbucks® Mocha K-Cup® Pack and let the cream melt into the hot mocha.
- Dust lightly with Cinnamon, and serve
Amount: 14 Serving (1 ½ squares) | Prep Time: 18 minutes
- 1/2 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unfold thawed pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface.
- Cut the pastry sheet into 14 (1 ½ -2 inch) squares.
- Add cut pastry squares to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the pastries are golden brown.
- In a large bowl combine cinnamon and sugar, set aside.
- Once done baking add your hot pastries squares in batches to the bowl and coat with the sugar mixture.
The rich aromas and sweet flavors you love from Starbucks®, now brewing at home. Introducing two new K-Cup® flavors for fall, inspired by our café favorites.